Building a community of love+flowers+joy+creativity=Respect 4 life

This is my magical portal to the world. I present you with what is stirring in my soul. This is a place for you to come and open your heart and open your mind. Step inside.......................

Monday, July 16, 2007

All You Need Is Love......

A few nights ago a my friend and I went to see Amma, an Indian saint who is like the divine mother. (www.amma.org) - She is the embodiment of love, and is known for hugging people and blessing them. It was a friday night in NYC and the line to get into the Manhattan Center was like 3 blocks long - he and I were super hungry, so we went across the street to get some food, and while waiting on line, there was a 20-something boy (looked either Indian or Pakastani) standing behind us with a really cool tattoo on his arm. So my friend asked him kindly if he could see it. It was an OM symbol and the words in english "ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE" - so we excitedly asked him if he was going to see Amma - and looking bewildered he responded that he didnt know what was across the street. So when we told him about this Indian Saint who was blessing people he responded vehemently, "Oh, that's a load of crap!^&*!"
Standing there in shock, especially given the tattoo, my friend gently responded, "Oh, I guess its just lyrics from a song, huh!"
All I could say was - there was a moment for friendship and kindness and this kid was just a snot who was wearing the t-shirt, yet hasn't got a clue about the real deal. Wake up people!!!

No comments: