Building a community of love+flowers+joy+creativity=Respect 4 life

This is my magical portal to the world. I present you with what is stirring in my soul. This is a place for you to come and open your heart and open your mind. Step inside.......................

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tommorow Night!!! Pete's Candy Store!!!

Tomorrow I am performing at Pete's Candy Store in Williamsburg - Brooklyn - NY. Its my 1st show at this really cool place. It's got such a great vibe. I am really looking forward to sharing my new songs with all my peeps. I took the past year off from playing out consistently - to write and record. To transform my music and my voice. Its been an amazing and intense journey - I guess that could be said of my whole life!!!
As an artist -(a songwriter) I really feel like I have grown into myself. Into my voice. These days it seems like everyone wants to be such a copycat of the one cool thing they see/hear/experience. American culture is so infused with branding and the stripmallifiacation of our society that people are afraid of what they haven't heard about on TV.
People are constantly telling me to go on American Idol - and I am truly offended!!! (and I dont get offended by stuff easily). Come on! My musical hero's would never have done that in their time. America has become completely obsessed with the quick fix and the "overnight success" - which is a completely unnatural phenomenon. I always think that if we look to the natural world we can find all the solutions to our "problems." And in nature - plants, animals, & people grow at a relatively gentle pace.
The whole world seems so fast paced and slick that anything that appears to be less than that is discredited. Including friendships and relationships. Honestly - I want to know how many people actually take pride in being a good friend. In being a really honest genuine human. Forget money, fancy clothes, cars, jewelry and all that stuff, I value friendship above all of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.